WHAT YOU CAN DO
- The most important thing you can do is to become a member of Aspire Advocates for Behavioral Health (there are no dues or fees). This will ensure that you receive legislative alerts and stay informed of our progress. Join here.
- Like and follow us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Send a letter and/or email urging your local MO legislator to support the Goals of Aspire Advocates. Click here to find your local legislator.
- Share this information with 3 others and ask that they get involved in this movement also! Share this link to Aspire Advocates website and ask them to become a member.
What Else Can I Do?
- Join NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and attend a NAMI Educational Program or Support Group.
- Learn about the scope of the issue on Mental Health America’s website. Did you know that in Missouri, 65% of youth with major depression do not receive treatment. And 21,000 youth reported a substance use disorder. What is the scope of the substance abuse problem if 21,000 young people are self reporting?
- Learn about the #B4Stage4 movement and explore Mental Health America’s website.
- Learn about the The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act. Learn about what Missouri is (and isn’t) doing to ensure our young people with behavioral health disorder are able to #thrive: Missouri Becomes Last State to Enforce Federal Mental Health Parity Act and Expanding Medicaid Makes Sense for Missouri.